Sunday, January 31, 2010

Last Day of January!!!!!!!!!

      Good morning and happy last day of January!!!!!!  I can't believe that already we have finished one month of the new year.  Again it is still quite frigid here on Long Island but no snow!!!
       Although I had no intention of mentioning this in my blog today I felt compelled to do so this morning because I still find it to be quite disturbing and rude!!!  As I was reading some other of my favorite blogs I came across anonymous comments that were downright mean and judgemental.  I don't know how the rest of you feel about this but it really seems to bother me!!
Although the comments were not directly towards me I to
o have received comments like this.  It just makes me sad because I feel like I have met so many NICE, CARING and SUPPORTIVE people who each and every day write about their daily struggles and are honest about their experiences!!!  Well I just wanted to mention that and are curious what other people's opinions are about this.  Personally - I want my blog to be positive, reinforcing and honest!!!


Now that I mentioned that - yesterday was a good day - i want to thank all of you for your comments - happy many of you enjoyed the recipe!!!!  I have been feeling quite positive the past few days - each day trying to do a little more - trying to push myself each day with my eats.  What I have found to be most helpful is reaching out an
d finding people to listen to and talk to.  I feel like once you can verbalize your fears and actually rationalize them with someone else the fear disappears or the idea that you thought was true was actually so ridiculous!!!  It is amazing how Ed can totally "trick" our minds into thinking that xx is going to make us gain 10 pounds overnight or that xx has this number of calories!!!   I hope that all of you who are struggling can find someone who you can trust that you can talk to when you need to - i know I have found someone and it has helped tremendously!!!!  To my friend - thank you!!!!!

Last night for dinner - mexican!!!!   I recently bought 
Whole Foods corn tortillas and was wondering what to fill them with.  I love all beans but one of my favorite are black beans. Last night's dinner :  Black Bean filled Corn Tortillas - simple, quick and quite delicious!!!

Ingredients:  can of black beans - i use Goya - rinsed well, plum tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fresh spinach, small white onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
The recipe is quite simple - only takes about 15 
minutes to make - i usually make these when i'm pressed for time.  First i chop the onion and sautee in a pan that has been sprayed with olive oil - cook until translucent, next add black beans, salt, cumin and chili powder.  Stir well, next add plum tomatoes with juice if using canned. Sautee for about 5 minutes.  Last I add freshly roasted red peppers.  Roasted peppers are a great way to add tons of flavor.  I usually roast my own.  I know - the recipe is so simple yet it tastes delicious - i've also tried this with lentils which also works well.
      Once the mixture is cooked I like to throw in a handful of fresh spinach.  Next take your corn tortillas and heat in oven for about 5-6 minutes u
ntil warm.  I top my tortillas usually with fresh tomatoes and sometimes a dollop of greek yogurt that has been seasoned with salt pepper and garlic powder - kind of like a sour cream - i love greek yogurt and how versatile it is!!!
Hope you like the recipe.  I must admit the picture is not so pleasing to the eye but sure is to the belly!!!!!!!
Well - plans for today - Whole Foods run for some new food finds and essentials for the week, yoga, talkin to my lovie and some new recipes which I promise to post!!! Have a great Sunday - hopefully fun-filled!!!!
Today's quote:  "Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."  (Albert Camus)

xoxo aimee

10 comments:

  1. I think that sounds yummmy! I was going to buy blackbeans today to make some black bean burgers, and I may have to use this recipe with the leftovers! I'm so glad your pushing yourself with your eats, ED may be furious and fighting it, but you are getting so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm yummy :] yes, the unncessary comments can really take a toll on us; but we will push forward and not let them effect us because we are above that.
    love you,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love black beans :D Great recipe.

    Anonymous comments are terrible, but it's a good challenge to be able to brush them off. Keep being so positive, Aimee ! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling so positive, hun. It definitely helps to have someone to talk to so you can verbalize your fears. They make so much less sense when you actually hear yourself saying them. I think this is a reason blogging is so helpful, as well.

    Anonymous commenters are quite bothersome, but I tend to just brush them off. If they don't even have the courage to attach a name to their comment, it makes them cowards who are just trying to make others feel bad...

    Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you are feeling positive and better these days and upping your eats is so great and i am so proud of you lovie, you can do this, and you are doing so well :) and definitely talking about your fears to others is such a great way to beat these fears and get going...
    and love that recipe looks so good :)
    ahh happy last day of January urggg :P i hate the spring unlike you hehe, i wish it was the winter or fall all year ;] i know i am weird.... haha

    love you Aimes
    xxo
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. where on long island are u from? im from nassau county an go to cw post

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh i hate seeing those mean-spirited anonymous comments! if you're going to write something nasty at least have the huevos to stand beside what you say! mexican food from WF is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just hate that people feel like they can leave comments like that :( It is awful!

    Glad you had a pretty good day other than that though, and your recipes sound AMAZING!

    Have a great monday!

    P.S. I think I added you on FB, otherwise I just added a random person :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Aimee :) thanks so much for visiting prettytimepiece & your sweet comment

    booo to internet meanies :( so retarded. just remember that for every one "anon" there are 50 other beautiful, lovely, kind bloggers!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. keep fighting honey <3
    its hard. but so much support to you..

    Negative comments are not fun. for ANYONE. reading. seeing. even if they arent directed to you. its just wrong!

    ReplyDelete