Saturday, January 9, 2010

Who am I????



Good morning and happy Saturday!!! As I sit here on this early and cold Saturday morning with my morning ritual of freshly brewed coffee lightly sweetened with vanilla agave I am contemplating my "homework" for the week from my therapist - who am I?????
All too often our Ed takes away our identity and we are forced to look at ourselves as being only our eating disorder. It takes away from us our hopes, dreams and aspirations. We are left unfortunately with lives that can be filled with unhappiness and doubt about our futures and what our lives would be like without Ed. I know that this has happened to me and that I have forgotten who the real Aimee is without my Ed. After having a wonderful conversation yesterday with my 2 favorite bloggers (Eliza and Maya) I realize that we are so much more than our Ed - each of us have so many hidden talents and dreams that we want to accomplish in life and that sometimes our Ed holds us back.
So today I challenge you all to try to look at yourself without Ed - what does the future hold for each of us, what do we want out of life - for me when I am at a better place I hope one day to be able to help others who are suffering. For me this is my inspiration to get better - I know that I cannot help others until I myself am at a healthy and better mindset. Recovery is possible - that much I know - and after reading the blog "seek" recovery seems like a wonderful thing!!!!
Enjoy your weekend - next week I promise some yummy recipes and food photos - things im currently loving:
organic greek yogurt messes, oatmeal inspired by the oatmeal queens (they know who they are!!!!), savory polenta with roasted root vegetables and tart frozen yogurt topped with homemade granola and dried blueberries!!!!
xoxo aimee