Tuesday, January 19, 2010

So Worth It

                Hello and happy Tuesday to all!!!!!!!!!    Well as I had explained in my previous post last week at my therapy  appointment we had discussed "fear foods" and my challenge for the week was to try a slice of whole wheat pizza  before tomorrow.  To tell you the truth I had been avoiding it all week - finally yesterday i realized - ok - 2 more days, do I try the pizza and face my fear or do I again let this ridiculous voice in my head take control of my life.  Constant back and forth battles - yes, no plagued my mind and finally yesterday - i did it  - "I took the plunge" as they say and guess what - I  not only liked it but I LOVED every minute!!!!!
                   I actually liked it so much that it totally slipped my mind to take a picture!!!
Oh well - next time because im sure there will be a next time in the near future!!!!
                  I used Trader Joes whole wheat dough and topped it with homemade tomato sauce, oregano, basil and roasted eggplant, spinach and asparagus all with  light string cheese.
For me - the whole experience beforehand of trying to make that decision was TOTALLY worth it!!!!!!!!!   I am slowly staring to realize that we all are so much more than our illness - we are creative, inspiring people who do not deserve to be slaves to our ED.  
                  I have been thoroughly enjoying all of your posts - especially all of the creative outlets that many of you use - art, painting, jewelry ma
king, and of course wonderful oatmeal creations (love Maya and Eliza)!!!!  
                  I also want to give a shout-out to another one of my favorite new bloggers - Amandajane at Honey Bunches of Love - very talented!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great Wednesday !!!!!!!!   Just think SPRING is right around the corner!!!!!!!!!
                                                                 Lots of love - aimee

10 comments:

  1. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU AIMEE!
    You did such a brave thing, by pushing aside your fears and just going with it. And the best thing? You enjoyed it ;)

    We really do not deserve to be slaves of ED - afterall, they're our bodies, who is ED to control them for us? ED is nothing, ED is nobody! ED has no right to take over and kick US out of our own bodies. It's to fight back, and you did just that today/yesterday.
    Congratulations, girlie. You did so, so well.

    LOVE,
    Eleanor. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats awesome aimee! congrats on the pizza :] it is sooo yummy is it not? you don't deserve ED at all so just kick him out of your life for good; the world won't come to an end, promise :]
    take care darling and have a wonderful hump day tmw! ugh spring, cannot wait.
    LOVE,
    becca <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job Aimee! love TJ pizza crusts, used to make those all the time, i should get it again! sounds delicious and so proud that you did it! and you can do it again and then maybe it will get easier and sooner than later you can eat pizza out ;) i cant remember the last time i had real pizza except in renfrew(which was nasty) haha...oh and Amy's brand frozen ones i used to get... but i should challenge myself soon! great job lovie, and i agree love Amanda, she is amazing, and so talented!!!

    xoxo
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee!!!!!!!
    I am BEYOND PROUD of you for facing your fear and doing what was such a difficult thing, facing our irrational ed fears, that are so terrifying, but you did it! That shows so much strength, courage, and promise!! You can truly make more of these steps with your amazing strength, I am so happy for you beautiful! You deserve to have what you love, you need it, and are too amazing a person to have ed take anything away from you. You gave me so much motivation reading this!
    Thank you so much for mentioning me! You're a sweetie I love you aimee!

    All my love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoooray you made the pizza!! So happy for you :)

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for HEALTHY pizza. So worth it, and really not bad for you at all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great that you managed to eat the pizza :)
    it's so ridiculous how we stop ourself from eating/doing things we like
    life is to short,an already hard enough, we don't have to make it even more difficult BUT enjoy it,an allow ourself pleasures!:)
    oh believe me,i CAN T wait for the spring to arrive!!
    take care sunflower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the pizza! Sometimes the thought of something is actually worse than doing it. Now you've realised that you can keep working on breaking down other possible barriers :-)
    Dont be a slave to your disorder, listen to the real you and reach for the life you truely deserve.
    xox
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. have a wonderful hump day tmw! ugh spring, cannot wait.

    videos models

    ReplyDelete
  10. way to go on the pizza!!!!!! i worked my way up the first time i had to try pizza...started with a flatout wrap pizza, moved "up" to a english muffin pizza, then a real slice of pizza!

    ReplyDelete