Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Power of Thought

    Good morning lovies and Happy Wednesday!!!!!!!!!    Hope you all had a stress free weekend and are ready for another week!!!!!!!!  
     This morning as I sat and ate my warm bowel of oats I read over my "Power Thought Cards" - these are one of my favorite "tools" to use while I am eating a meal.  They are beautiful note cards - with inspirational sayings by Louise Hay.  Usually when I am eating my meals I like to distract myself by either reading, blogging or drawing.  What kind of things do you like to do?? This was todays quote " Its only a thought and thoughts can be changed"     I love this saying - it is so true - our disordered mind lets us think that what Ed wants is the right thing - by changing our thoughts we can overcome our fears!!!!

On a more positive note - AWESOME FOOD FIND at Whole Foods this weekend - for all of you fans of tea - this is one I highly recommend - although I usually drink coffee in the morning I do occasionally like a warm mug of tea - especially in the late afternoons or after dinner. 
I recently bought "Zhena Gypsy Tea - in Coconut Chai Flavor
                                What did I think?  Delicious - it has cardamon, ginger and cloves with a hint of tropical coconut flavor.  Lightly sweetened with stevia it was heavenly - I highly recommend it!!!!!!

Well, Im off to therapy and then a jam packed day at work!!!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful stress and Ed free day and remember a thought can easily be changed!!!!!!
Oh by the way - if you haven't already checked out Maya and Eliza's video post - check it out!!!
Also - sorry about not being able to comment on my last post - hopefully you can now!!!
          Till tomorrow my lovies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  xoxo Aimee

4 comments:

  1. Aimee! good luck at your T appointment i was thinking of you all morning! :)
    and love that quote so inspiring really, so so inspiring to me right now, and so true, " Its only a thought and thoughts can be changed" my mom always say that, and its right WE have the power to change our thoughts!
    and that tea sounds heavenly, coconut anything i love! and love tea, but coffee i am addicted! ;)

    love you aimes!
    xoxox
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG THAT TEA SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! I just found black ginger tea for a caffeine spike but I definitely need a more relaxing tea and that sounds awesome ;] no worries about not being about to comment, this bloggie is for you!
    we can change--so true! Stay strong darling.
    love,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aimee! So glad to "meet" you! Thanks for your lovely comments ;) They really made be smile! I already am loving your blog, I will definitely be a frequent reader!! I can totally relate to needing to distract at meals, and always have a good book or magazine on hand. You deserve recovery! I am a tea lover as well and woww that sounds so amazing! I recently found blueberry tea by Celestial Seasonings, never even crossed my mind that there would be a blueberry tea out there, but its soo delicious! My new go to tea! Hope you enjoy it and the rest of your day!
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those power cards too! Great minds think alike, right? ;) I loove quotes. Seriously my collection has grown quite ridiculous and unwieldy. I sometimes look through them during meals as a distraction. I also complete the crosswords in People magazine, doodle with an inky pen, watch TV, etc. Basically anything that serves as a distraction and helps dial down my anxiety. Hope your appointment went well!

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete