Saturday, January 23, 2010

1-23-10

      Happy Saturday!!!!!   Can't believe that it is already January 23 - the month is flying by - only about 8 weeks until spring is here!!!!
       To be honest the past few days have been quite busy and I haven't been able to post but I have been following all of yours!!!  If you haven't checked out Amanda's (Honey Bunches of Love) site on Etsy be sure to check out all of the
 lovely creations she has for sale!!!! They are amazing!!!
       Basically the past few days I have been consumed with work, therapy and of course some shopping with some great buys at Anthropologie:

                                                                     Red Peony Ring

Well despite being quite busy, Ed still managed to plague my life - therapy went well this week but I still seem to be struggling with upping my intake - it seems like I will have one good day followed by one bad day - I guess after I challenged myself to the pizza i feel like - ok I must be better since I was able to challenge myself.  In reality I know that that thought is completely absurd but part of me just wants to believe that!!!  I also just think im in a food rut - making food choices still is so difficult for me.  How do all of you deal with difficult food choices and how do you get yourselves out of a rut???
       I hope you all have a relaxing, stress free weekend - I plan to do some journaling, check out a new yoga studio in my area and visit some friends.  Thank you for all of your comments and support - I truly think that blogging has been the most therapeutic thing for me right now.
I'll be back this weekend with some food posts!!!
         They say, "its in the darkest skies that the stars are best seen."  Remember to look for those stars even when things seem the worst - the stars are there - trust me!!!
            Lots of love - aimee


6 comments:

  1. Hey, hun... I know what you mean about ruts. I'm stuck in one too at the moment. I think the best way to get out is to look up a recipe that you really want to make and PUSH YOURSELF to make it. Recovering is so much easier when you can be excited about the food you eat... when you look forward to eating something delicious. I keep telling myself... I'm not going to go through the difficulties of recovery eating nothing but rabbit food. So try planning ahead in regards to something you want to eat. Make it a goal, and it won't be that bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Aimee,
    so sorry to hear you are having a hard time with upping your calories and feeling like you are in a rut...i know how you feel, but you just need to push yourself as Amanda above said...
    in the past when i was stuck at a certain amount of calories and i needed to increase i just decided to jump in, and do it, like jumping off a diving board- your ED will probably never be ready, so you have to just jump in and you will see, that nothing bad or scary that your ed tells you will happen- it will be such a great step, and I KNOW you CAN DO IT :)
    your weekend sounds so relaxing, i should start doing yoga or pilates too, :) and i am so happy you are finding blogging therapeutic!

    xx
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love Anthropologie! I applied for a job there... My motives had nothing to do with wanting an employee discount... ;)
    Ugh I know those ruts all too well, knowing you need to push yourself further but feeling too scared. A lot of the time what motivates me to just take that leap of faith is getting sick of knowing inside that I should be doing something which I"m not. I don't know if that makes any sense, but hopefully it does!

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anthroplogy! i know u do too :)
    aw i am so sorry that ur struggling with getting ur calories up, i know how u feel, stuck and like in a rut! ah i hate that. But as eliza said once u just jump in and then it seems more intuitive and normal if u stay consistant, u know? i know you can do this! and leave ed behind and live ur life!

    have a great weekend, the yoga studio sounds great!

    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee!
    This was honest and so real! I am always here for you, know that C: I am struggling with increases as well but I think this outlet for you is an amazing push and support. So is yoga! ;) I TOTALLY believe in you, you have the courage to write about your struggles, and that means you have the courage to do all you Want and DESERVE in life! You are so amazing Aimee!!! LOVE that ring!! I too went to anthro today!! Love you so much and thinking of you and sending my love (also sending my love in package form hehe)
    love you beautiful!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. And ohmygosh Aimee you are so sweet to give my shop a shoutout!! You are the sweetest! That totally made my day/week (p.s. I named 2 items after you, your fave colors) All my LoveLoveLove!!

    ReplyDelete