Friday, January 8, 2010

"Turn to the Light"


Happy Friday lovies!!!!!!
First off I would just like to say a huge thank you to all who have welcomed me to the blogging world!!!!! YOur well wishes have made me feel so good about my decision to start blogging and continue to move forward on my journey to recovery!!!!
As I sit at my kitchen table with my freshly brewed Keurig Green Mountain Organic Colombian blend coffee I am longing for those warm summer mornings of June and July - here on Long Island its cold and snowing again - but I guess that is the weather for January and it is winter. For all who know me - i am basically obsessed with sunflowers - they are all in my kitchen , bedroom basically everywhere - why you ask?
For me the sunflower represents life, energy and beauty. This past summer I actually grew my own little field of sunflowers and to watch how a tiny sunflower seed can grow into a tall, beautiful flower to me is still amazing. With the correct nourishment, love and care - it blossoms. What I also noticed is how the plant always stretched and grew towards the sunlight.
They truly are miraculous flowers that can grow to great heights with proper care and blossom into a beautiful flower with vibrant shades of yellow.
So today as I am reminded of those warm days of summer I think how I too can turn to the light and grow - food is our precious fuel that can help us to grow too like the sunflower and reach our full potential - without it we will wither and not be able to produce those vibrant shades of yellow. How do you reach your full potential?
I am still working on a few "kinks" with my camera so no food posts as of yet but soon I promise - by the way does anyone know how to add a blog roll to my blog??? Any suggestions to mine would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!
Hope you enjoyed todays post on my love of sunflowers. I hope you all have a positive day and a restful fun filled weekend!!!!!!!!!!! xxoo Aim

5 comments:

  1. hey, just go to "layout" on the main page, then add a gadget, and you should be able to find a blogroll one or a list one.

    welcome to the blog world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, aim, i loved your comparison of Sunflowers growing and us in recovery! it is so true! i remember in the summer we passed a dying tree and my mom goes "thats what u are like a dead tree with no life" :( sad but true, that's what ed make of us when we are sick, dead trees, and I would MUCH rather be a beautiful(tall) hehe..glowing sunflower!

    love u! have a great snowy day, i know, booo on the snow here in ny! :/

    xo
    maya

    ohh and p.s about the blog role..i see u have one already? kinda..but...go to layout, and add a gadget, and links of blogs(like copy and paste a URL) and on the gadgets, u can add other fun ones too. and there are different options like in alphabetical order, or latest updated blog.etcetc.. :)
    if u need anymore help..u know where to find me(and eliza ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this post, so insightful and so lovely, i also love sunflowers, and i love the analogy of of a flower growing to recovery... like as you said, "food is our precious fuel that can help us to grow too like the sunflower and reach our full potential" :) love that, and as Maya said in our EDs we are like withering away little flowers or a dead tree, and with health and nourishment we can blossom into beautiful flowers with life!
    and ugh i know its snowing here too! ugh, now i will probably be stuck in all day...but thats okay, cause then i will call you hehe ;)

    love you and as maya said the blog roll go to the gadget thing on your layout for your blog and add links to the blogs you want to list on your blog roll :) its simple if you have trouble i can try to help you :)

    love you
    xx
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to reminisce about warm summers on a cold winter morning :) Especially over a warm cup of coffee...

    Sunflowers are truly pretty flowers... So bright and happy. Perfect flower for recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sunflowers! They always make me smile when I see them, and they remind me of my childhood when we used to grow them in class :)

    ReplyDelete