Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Creative Outlets







     Good morning - I just woke up and happy that the sun is shining - don't you feel so much better when the weather is nicer?  I know I do.  Today I plan on doing one of my favorite "outlets" - that being yoga.
     I lo
ve yoga - not only is it a good form of exercise but I really like the sense of peace it gives me.  The studio I go to offers so many different types of classes - from beginner, to hot yoga to yidira meditation.  I was first introduced to yoga by a close friend of mine - she suggested that I try it essentially for the "mental" benefits of it and not the physical - it was at a time when I was seriously at my lowest point and i really did NOT need to increase my physical activity!!
Although I abandoned my practice for some time I am happy to say that I restarted going - basically again because I feel like I have been struggling.  I feel like in life we get so caught up in the busy daily routines that we forget about doing things for ourselves!!!  Things that we actually LIKE doing!!   
       When I go to yoga  i can forget about my everything else and just "be" - for me yoga has made a huge impact in my life!!!   What are some of your creative outlets that help you forget about Ed and everyday stress??????

Yoga Essentials:  yoga mat and Lululemon bag - luv this bag - its covered with inspirational messages!!!!!!


 
Definately check out their website - they have great yoga essentials!!!!!

Yesterday i struggled a bit  with upping my calories - it seems that after I have one good day the next day I slack a little - I feel like well since yesterday was good i must automatically be "better" - some days just seem easier than others.  I guess I have to take each new day as a new day with new challenges.
Hopefully yoga will put me in a better mood!!!

What did make me smile - Amanda from Honey Bunches of Love - be sure to check out her amazing new creations on Etsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love to all of you - hope you each can enjoy today and maybe do some yoga or your favorite creative outlet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      xoxo aimee



3 comments:

  1. Yoga is awesome! It really feels great and gives you a sense of taking care of your body. Please keep pushing forward with your intake. You know you can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used to use that bag for lunch but last week, my soup spilled all over it and i had to throw it out! RAWR. so pissed. i'm going to get a new one soon :] i have found yoga again as well haha, i abandoned it for a bit but i am right back into it now. loves it.
    take care beautiful!
    love,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. its hard. Having a good day.. then the next day just seems to be not so great.
    Yoga is a such a wonderful way to relax. to free your mind, move your body. learn to know your body inside and out <3

    ReplyDelete