Thursday, January 28, 2010

"The Gift of Friendship"




Happy Thursday everyone!!!!!!! I can't believe today is already Thursday and only 3 more days until February 1st!!!!!! Where has the time gone?????
Yesterday morning I woke up feeling quite positive - did some stretching and even had a new breakfast (tried the oatmeal pancakes) which I loved and then went to therapy where I had a pretty good session. Overall I was having a good day until I reached work and decided to read my blog's comments as well as some other blogs. I came a
cross an extremely heartless, mean and basically cowardly comments I have read - of course the person remained anonymous and stated that I probably did not eat the pancakes and that is
why there was no picture of them!! Well I just want to "set the record straight" - first of all I do NOT lie - I started this blog as a way for me to
express my feelings and thoughts freely without being judged - what do I have to gain by lying to others, especially to some people that I don't even know???? I love reading people's commen
ts and I love honesty - trust me I say when I am struggling and I believe that we should be open and say - i had a bad day. I have met so many supportive, caring
friends through blogging - even some who I would consider to be my best friends (twinnie)!!!
I not only noticed these negative comments on my blog but also recently on Eliza's at Nourishing Mornings and actually the negative comments on her blog I feel were even more upseting!!!! I commend Eliza because of her honesty each and every day - and the time that she takes to not only
being honest with her readers but the creativeness of her pictures and words!!!
That being said i now want to THANK you for all of our POSITIVE comments yesterday regarding those anonymous comments that were
posted!!!! You all know who you are!!!
After reading the comments I trugged thru a long day at w
ork and did not get home until 9pm - upon arriving home I walked up to my front door
and what was awaiting me????
a package filled with the most amazing, creative, inspi
rational gift I have ever received - from truly a special friend (twinnie) amanda!!!!!!!


The package included dried fruit (magoes and pineapple - my fav), luna and cliff bars, yummy blueberry tea (my obsession with anything blueberry), Anthro plaid door knob (luv anything plaid!), an adorable handmade headband - with my favorite colors and probably the cutest most creative ring made into the shape of a SUNFLOWER!!!! She also included the most inspirational, heart-felt letter i have ever recieved - i cannot thank her enough - nothing is better than handmade gifts!!!! She is truly an AMAZING friend that I am so thankful to have found and i know well be friends for life!!

My package also included the adorable spice jars and flower print that I ordered from Etsy - if you haven't checked out her site - please do - you will be so impressed by her talent!!!! I was totally uplifted by this special delivery!!!!!

Friendships truly are meant to be treasured!!!! I believe that it is thru each others kind words and gestures any obstacle can be overcome!!!! I am so lucky to be able to call many of you my friends!!!!!!!!!!

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around..." (Leo Buscalgia)

Amanda: mi cara amica!!!!!

Happy Thursday to all - i luv you all and appreciate all of your kind words and friendship!!

Lots of love - aimee

7 comments:

  1. what a stupid comment! hahaha why on earth would you lie. (you don't have to post a picture to "prove" it!) well don't let those silly people get ya down. You're on the right road and you know it. What a beautiful package and how sweet! I'm glad for real friends for such an awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee,
    this was such a great post, and thank you so much, i commend you lovie for making it through yesterday and not letting that mean anoymous perosn get to you! you are so amazing, and so sweet, loving and so caring! i am so thankful to have met you, and i treasure our friendship, you are so right friendships are such a gift, it always makes me feel better to think about the friend i have on the blogs and some in life, but mostly on the blogs, it makes me so happy as well to read my comments :)
    ahh Amanda's gift to you, oh my goodness such lovely thing!! she is so sweet and so talented, i agree! and a sunflower ring, perfect for Aimee! ;) and love dried fruit too plus the headband ahh such a lovely gift! i am so happy you got that on a rough day!

    love you, and i am always here if you need anything.
    xoxo
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u aimee. u are so so caring, :) love. Your amazing, and those anonymous commenters can go to hell!! ;P erggg! it ruined my day too :/ my morning to wake up to see all my comments, although we must remember all that care bout us..like Amanda!! OMG she is such a darling amazing, sweet creative and talented loving girly! what a perfect day for the package and such awesome gifts. :)

    always here for u!
    xo
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you're getting rude comments, hun :( Those people are cowards and shouldn't be taken seriously. You have friends that love you, support you, and care about you; that's what matters. Above all, you're recovering for you; you don't need to prove it to anyone else and you don't need anyone else's permission. You know what you did, and that's what's important in the end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely quote! I'm so sorry that you've been getting meanie comments. I so admire your honesty and positive (sunflowery!) outlook, and hope that you don't let anyone's rude words get you down. It's fabulous that through blogging you've made such incredible friends. For every word of cruelty directed your way, there's one new blogger friend to balance it out. ;)

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg what an adorable little (big!) package! amanda is awesome :]
    and ugh, these comments are so ridiculous; i am getting so annoyed with people posting negative things in our community. honestly, if they have a problem--go away! hahah. really though..

    love you and i believe you ate those pancakes :] some people are so dumb.
    don't let them bother you, we all know how amazing you are and that is all that matters :]
    love,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twinnie!!!
    This post meant the world to me, honestly! Just knowing that I made your day better and made you happy makes me SOO happy! I love you so much my beautiful girlie and I know we will be friends for life for sure ;) You are such an amazing person for writing such inspirational words and sharing your struggles, anonymous commenters are just jealous they have nothing to write because they have no sense of self and are just insecure and jealous of YOUR AMAZING BEAUTY AND COURAGE! You are amazing I'm so glad we are friends!!! I hope you have an amazing day today lovie!
    all the love in my little heart!!!!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete