Friday, January 15, 2010

Facing our Fears








 Good  moning and Happy Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      I can't believe it is already Friday - it seems like the days are just flying by!!!! Yesterday was very busy for me so I was not able to post but I really appreciate all of the comments I have received - thanks for all of your words of advice - they mean the world to me!!!
                     Well just an update - I had therapy on Wednesday and we spoke about "fear foods" and daily routines.  For me - my Ed has caused me to develop a daily routine - not only with my "safe foods" but also with what I do each and every day.  I have noticed in the blog world that many of us are trying to break from our daily routine to try new things  - whether that be a new breakfast or abstaining from daily exercise.  Routine for me is very "safe" and keeps me in my Ed driven state of mind - but i am slowly starting to realize that life is too short to stay in this mentality - am I really happy with this routine???  Unfortunately change is necessary but change can be a beautiful thing!!!!!  I realized this after I read Eliza and Maya's blog yesterday - they both had a delicious DIFFERENT breakfast yesterday and loved it!!!  They broke out of their daily routine and nothing bad happened!!!!  I too am realizing that I have allowed my Ed to take control of my life and that I am missing out on so much!!!
                       So today I challenge all of you to start with one small change - whether it be one meal, a snack or even just changing one small aspect of your routine.  My therapist and I discussed my fear foods and by next week I have to try to make my own whole wheat pizza with roasted veggies - sound simple right? well I know for me it will definately be hard - i can't remember the last time I had a piece of pizza - why am I so fearful of such a wholesome and healthy food?  I am a vegetarian - I love veggies and I can't bring myself to have something that I love?    So that is my challenge.    
                        On a more positive note - ill leave you with a picture of last nights snack that I made in my new favorite bowel that I bought at a local thrift store (of course it has sunflowers on it.)  By the way - im having trouble - i wanted to insert the picture her but it ended up at the top of my post - can anyone help me?????
                              I hope you all have a wonderful day !!!!!!!!!!!!   xoxo aimee
                                                                 

6 comments:

  1. Aimee, it's great that you're challenging yourself to step out of your routines and try something different. Our ED's try to convince us that routine is safe... that we have to do things a certain way... eat a certain way... do things at certain times... But this doesn't make life safe... it makes life boring. It makes life miserable. It makes each day drag into the next.

    Life isn't dangerous, like ED would like us to believe. It's full of beautiful things that our ED's hold us back from. So step out of your safety zone and enjoy the great things life has to offer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bowl Aimee!
    Thank you so much for your sweet and inspiring words! It really means so much...I am so proud of you for wanting to challenge your ed and make small changes. "I too am realizing that I have allowed my Ed to take control of my life and that I am missing out on so much" I relate to that so much but I think once we get through the small steps we won't be as scared, and can see that nothing horrible has happened, and the big ones will slowly follow. You can do this! xo
    <3 Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think pizza just has such a negative connotation when we think about it but really, it's not all that bad! it's just bread (WW is even better), tomato sauce and cheese! plus veggies?! sounds awesome. pizza is delicious, especially when made with TLC ;] have a great day! i've been working on breaking from routine as well. it gets easier each time :]
    love,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm right there with you in trying to break free from the safety of ED's routines. They're comfortable and less anxiety provoking... but ultimately really boring. You deserve much much better!
    Regarding the picture I have the same problem. I usually highlight it and then go to edit copy and then paste it where I want it to go. Does that make any sense?
    I hope you're able to make the pizza and enjoy every delicious and healthy bite. Think of it as taking a chop out of ED. ;)

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete
  5. routines are hard to break. expecially if they are controlled my Ed..
    i am having a hard time changing my routines too. Just one step at a time :) xoox

    ReplyDelete
  6. So step out of your safety zone and enjoy the great things life has to offer

    videos models

    ReplyDelete