Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Busy as a Bee

     Happy Wednesday - sorry i've been MIA for the past 2 days but ive been a busy little bumble bee!!!!  Work has essentially consumed my life - i haven't been getting home until 8 pm and waking up at the godforsaken hour of 4 am!!!!  Thankfully its already Wednesday!!!!!  THe only positive thing is that when I am this busy i feel that i have less time to actually listen to my Ed voice.   
      This morning i awoke to an unhappy surprise of 2 inches of snow!!! I though yesterday the groundhog said that spring was only 6 weeks away!!!  As i said above when i am busy my eating definately tends to be better - i think its because i have less time to actually "debate" in my head what i know i "should" have to eat rather than what "Ed" 
would rather me have.  How do all of you feel about this and how do you deal with busy days????  Overall though i have had a good few days - I again challenged myself to my all new favorite meal - whole wheat pizza topped with roasted veggies and cheese!!!!!  Easy, satisfying and well just downright delicious - why i have deprived myse
lf of one of my favorite foods for dinner I have no idea why - i think its because i have always associated this food as being "bad" and unhealthy.  I am slowly starting to realize that food is good - it is meant to be enjoyed and that we should not deprive ourselves of what we truly desire. I am so happy that I have been able to chal
lenge myself and guess what ?  Nothing bad has happened!!! And I intend on eating this delicious meal again this week - what - pizza twice in one week - (maybe Thursday night) - !!!!
     Well here's the evidence:
My pizza was topped with homemade tomato sauce, fresh basil, oregano, spinach, roasted eggplant, mushrooms and roasted red peppers , finally toped with cheese - so delicious!!!

Well, i hope you all can challenge yourself to eat something you truly desire and enjoy!!! Life is too short not to!!!!!!  Do you know what has helped me to finally do this???  A special person i met thru the blog world - to her i am eternally grateful!!!!!!
Have a great Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     xoxo aimee

7 comments:

  1. your pizza looks delishhh!! I need the sauce recipe! And do you make your own crust? The whole wheat crust that I bought at the store last time I did that was ok... a bit to dense and no fluff in my opinion, so I'm thinking next time I want to make my own. For me when I am busier ED doesnt consume my thoughts as much, so I like to stay pretty busy. I'm glad thats been working for you... but don't forget to rest too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aim! omg that pizza looks so good! like from a restuarant(really healthy pizza restaurant hehe) :) yumm! i am planning on perhaps going out to pizza this week(Thursday) -and get a whole wheat slice with veggies :) and yesterday i had a muffin! a real one from a local bakery! scary, bc so unknown how many calories blahblah blah it had. haha. but i am alive! and yes!! nothing bad happened! only good comes from challenges like this! so proud of u!

    life is too short to not eat what WE LOVE!

    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, it's great to see that you had the pizza and loved it. Funny how our minds attach value to foods like good vs. bad... healthy vs not... it's all nonsense. Food is food in the end. It all comes down to keeping us going.

    I, too, find busy days to be helpful in dealing with ED. The less time I have to think about it, the more free I feel with my choices. Hopefully someday I won't need to be busy to feel this way :)

    Have a lovely Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so proud of you lovie, that pizza loos amazing, and you showed that anonymous person the beautiful yummy evidence hehe :) and i am so inspired because i am going to perhaps have pizza out tomorrow with my dad! :) you are so strong, and being busy is great taht it helps distract from your ED, distractions are a great coping mechanism! when you wrote,
    "it is meant to be enjoyed and that we should not deprive ourselves of what we truly desire" -- ahh so inspiring Aimee !!!! love you babe.

    stay warm! its so snowy here too!!
    xx
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee! Congratulations on the pizza!
    I am so proud of you for challenging yourself, Aimee - you did a really amazing job in choosing a fear food to combat. In eating that pizza, you were able to further prove to yourself that food is not bad at all. You are so right - we should enjoy what we desire and not feel guilt over it. Why deprive? So many beautiful things, let's keep them in our lives, or get them BACK into our lives.

    Love,
    Eleanor. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pizza looks amazing...I'll have to add pizza to my menu for the week. We SHOULD enjoy food, a lot of people WISH they had to gain, and we should take advantage of it. Like, the other day, I was wayyy under calories, so I was just going to eat a few spoonfuls of peanut butter, cuz its the highest cal thing in my house. BUT, I don't really like peanut butter plain, so instead I made a delicious bowl of strawberries, chocolate, and granola. And enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you HAVE been busy :0

    Glad you were able to enjoy the Pizza! You deserve it. I am so proud of how far you've come!

    JUst a quick question, how did you bake that? Whenever I have tried to make a pizza, the crust becomes soggy from the weight of the toppings

    ReplyDelete