Friday, February 19, 2010

FASHION WEEK 2010 and a smile on my face

HAPPY FRIDAY! I hope everyone has had a great week and is looking forward to the weekend - i know that i am!!!!  I don't know if many of you know but this also marks the end of NYC Fashion Week.  Since i live in NY and love reading about upcoming styles for the upcoming seasons i thought id give you all a quick recap of some of the weeks highlights with some pictures as well as whats the most chic styles of spring 2010!!!

BCBG: love the simple style and flowing fabrics for spring
DKNY: shorts have been seen all over the runway  - simple yet dressed up with accessories - its too bad i like skirts better than shorts!!!
Thakoon - pretty simple florals are also hot for spring
Marc by Marc Jacobs: lots of ruffles this season, vibrant prints and big plaids - i love plaid!!!
This is just a short sample of what is up and coming for the spring - check it out!!!  Other must haves include lots of accessories especially belts, little chic bags.  Can't wait for spring!!!

Yesterday after a long day i came home to a wonderful surprise - a package on my front doorstep from my best friend - Amanda (honeybell) - i just had to say thank you from the bottom of my heart - i am speechless - it was totally packaged with love!!!!!!  I really needed this yesterday and it totally made me smile - and gave me the motivation that i needed - ive been struggling a bit but after opening that package and seeing that hand reaching out to me -i feel like anything is possible!!!!!  Recovery is possible with the help and support of such great friends - friends like Amanda and everyone else that I have found in the blog world!!!  
   I want to give a shout out to my lovie Amanda - you are the BEST!!!!!  Seriously my soul mate!!!
    Check out her blog at Honey Bunches of Love to see her amazing tea giveaway!!!!! If you are a tea fanatic like me you won't want to miss this!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope u all have a great weekend - oh by the way - next week is NEDA week - National Eating Disorder Week!!!!  
    love to all !!!!!!!!!!!    xoxo aimee




4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading your blog and just wanted to say hi! I love getting packages too, it is so exciting! Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aim!!!
    Reading your posts every day brings the biggest smile to my face!!! You are so sweet oh myyyaimee! I absolutely ADORE the fashion post, especially mister marc, ruffles and plaid? yes please!!! I hope your day is ending well sweetie, love you soso much and you are the best and most supportive friend I could ever ask for, we are holding hands (literally and figuratively ;p) through this winding road, lovie. You are so talented and amazing and I can't wait for our adventures to start!!! Think 4,000, anthro, free chanel makeup, happy hour, the beach, and skype, then smile :);p
    I LOVE YOU!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful collections, aren't they!!!! I love Marc Jacobs:)

    Hope you're doing okay, Aimee!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete