Thursday, February 4, 2010

" I Did It again!!!"

Hello my lovies and happy Thursday - can't believe another week has gone by!!!  Today I slept in a bit later - well not really - 5:30 as compared to my usual 4 Am despite my long day at work yesterday - i seriously need to consider a career change - my hours are so long!!!!
   Anyway - i have to make this a quick post - i'm off to therapy and then to a full day in the office as usual!!!!
     On a positive note - guess what I did last night - yes I made pizza again for the second time this week - i enjoyed it so much that I had to make it again - also my therapist had suggested that I eat my fear food at least twice in one wee
k - now many of you are probably thinking - oh no big deal but for me it was a huge deal - why?   I have always thought that pizza was an unhealthy food - a food that should only be indulged on certain occasions - like once a month - for me to eat it twice in one week?  Absolutely FORBIDDEN!!  Well after a long day yesterday i came home and was so tempted just to make something more "safe" - i tried to make excuses like it was too late to make pizza but i realized that the more we do something and face the fears the easier it will become - i knew that if i didn't do it last night eventually i would have to 
do it and it would just be more difficult!!!
The evidence: 


The verdict????  DELICIOUS!!!!!

Some of you asked for my homemade tomato sauce recipe - well over the summer I canned over 500 jars of fresh plum tomatoes - so that is where I get the tomatoes from.  They were simply canned with just their own natural juices and basil.  It is great because in the heart of winter I can open a jar and just savor the taste of a ripe summer tomato!!!  To make the sauce i simply season with fresh roasted garlic cloves, salt, red pepper, FRESH basil and oregano - the key is the fresh roasted garlic as well as the fresh spices - i never use dried basil or oregano - the fresh tastes so much better!!
Well I hope this inspires many of you to continue to challenge yourself daily and to nourish our bodies with what we truly desire - "Face the fear and do it anyway"
Love to all - xoxo aimee

13 comments:

  1. GOOD JOB! Get it done girl. And I'm, trying that soon, its hard cause I''m in college and on a strict budget, but that looks so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go girl! Love you challenging those fears. Have a good therapy session + happy thursday <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee! ah i am SO SO proud of you for doing it again, you are so strong and yum that pizza looks so delicious, and fresh and beautiful! :] challenging fears more than once is so great b/c soon it wont even feel like a challenge any more and you will be so so comfortable will certain things! you are amazing, i love you xx

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job Aimee! and looks So good! i should get TJ pizza dough!

    have a great T session!
    xoxo
    leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Aimee! You continue to amaze me, darling. I've found someone who is in love with basil, too! ;) FRESH basil! I put that stuff on everything.

    I'm so proud of you for challenging yourself to pizza once again. It's your pizza, you made it, you know what's in it and on it. You're a talented little chef, and you deserve to eat the delicious, nourishing food that you make. Food is for eating, afterall. Why not make it extra good? ;)
    Keep it up, girl. You're an inspiration!

    Love,
    Eleanor xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome girl! congrats! i completely understand how incredibly difficult that can be at first but you made it :]
    love,
    becca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Aimee,

    You are so AWESOME! Conquering a fear food is a HUGE accomplishment. A great step in the right direction.

    and not to mention, as I said before, It looks DELISH!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pizza looks yummy! All that cheese--screw ED!!!! :)

    Go Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The title of this post reminds me of that Britney Spears song. ;)
    You are such a rockstar! Your pizza looks delicious. You are quite the master chef! Great job continuing to challenge food fears and kicking ED in the butt.

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing job with the pizza!!! that looks SOOOO yummy <3

    hope your monday goes smoothie, Aimee dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOLL i can't believe i accidentally typed "smoothie". *smoothly... altho i kinda like smoothie ;p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aimee!
    I am so so so proud of you for challenging your fear twice in one week, that is absolutely incredible. You are stronger than you will ever know, bestie and I love you so much and couldn't be happier and more proud of you! You are fighing so hard and above all, you are the best friend I could ever ask for. You are there for me every day and are the most dedicated amazing caring friend I seriously cherish our friendship more than anything! I'm always here for you!
    MMMmmm maybe I'll order pizza on my menu for tomorrow! lol haha or CHILI CHEESE FRIES!
    LOVELOVELOVE you
    suo cara amica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that pizza looks so delicious!! So proud that you challenged yourself. Fears shouldn't limit us from food. Food is nourishing and tasty :D Especially that pizza ;) Seriously, it's calling my name lol.

    XO Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete