Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"Snow Day!!!!!"

Hi there and happy Wednesday!!!!!!!   I woke up today to a beautiful looking Winter Wonderland  however as you all know i hate snow!!!  Its beautiful to look at but i hate being confined to my house.  I don't know about the rest of you but I love my daily routine of getting up and having a "purpose" every day.  I usually find that the days where i am less busy i have more time to "think" - more Ed time.  Unlike the past i have become more aware of this and today i am going to try to keep myself busy.  How do the rest of you deal with this free time???  
Well i haven't been blogging much lately in the past few days - work as usual has been busy and ive also been busy with some fun things!!!!!   My eats the past few days have actually been great all as a result of mi cara amica!!!!!!!  Why do you ask????   Phone support!!!!  For me just talking to someone when i am struggling has been so helpful!!!!!!!!  I highly suggest finding someone you can confide with or just talk to who can understand what you might be going thru or feeling and realize that you are not alone!!!!!  I am so lucky to have found my special friend thru the blog world!!!!!!   Without her my de
termination and inspiration to keep trying would not be possible.  I am sharing this with all of you to encourage each of you to reach out
 and ask for help when you are struggling - i think also that the blog world is a great place to find the support that you need.
Yummy eats over the past few days:
  whole wheat linguine with fresh roasted tomatoes, garlic, fresh asparagus and spinach!!!!!  The result: delicious!!!!!!!!
      Another great find - for all of you Red Mango fans they have a new flavor out - Cocoa - the result?   Actually i liked it - usually i am a more vanilla lover i had a coupon for buy one get one free!!!!!! (you can get it off facebook) - so i tried it and it was good - my favorite is still original with fruit but i tried the Cocoa last night topped with banana and blueberries and was quite yummy!!!!!!!!!!!  
    Well i hope you all have a great Wednesday and stay warm and relax - ill be back tonight with some more eats of the day!!!!!   Stay positive!!!!!  xoxo aimee
     

9 comments:

  1. omg you are too adorable girl ;] hehe. love you! eats look awesome <3 and i had the cocoa one last weekend!!! yummmyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee your pasta dish looks fabulous! I completely agree with you that having less time to think is a good way to keep ED thoughts at bay; I like having a routine to stick to as well. Maybe you could try reading or watching a favorite movie? Baking is also a great way to pass the time :)

    Glad you have some good support, hun. I agree... having someone to talk to definitely helps.

    Hope you're enjoying your snow day! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it's very important to have both support and to keep occupied so that ED doesn't have so much control over you. Your food photos look really good. I am so bad at cooking, though I am getting much better and I'm trying new things. Love my new wok!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lovie!
    ahh i know the snow is so sucky!!! i hate being stuck in all day!
    i am so happy that you have support, it is the best to have someone to talk with, and help you through hard times and someone to relate to :)
    and ahh that red mango flavor yum banana and blueberries, i love red mango as well, and thanks to you i tried in at my mall because i knew how much you loved it, i must get the cocoa next time, sounds so so good!! :)
    and your pasta looks and sounds delicious, love pasta!

    love you, and hope you have a great Wednesday and stay warm!!
    xx
    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for snow :) And i soo agree, finding someome to talk to, who understand u, its so amazing, the girls i have met on the blogs for support! i dont know what i'd do without it :)
    that pasta looks so good!!(u must make me pasta one day hehe, urs always looks so good!)
    as u know i love fro yo and red mango! i should try the cocoa one! love the topping choices!

    enjoy the rest of ur day lovie!!

    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have someone you can talk to :) I agree that it is so helpful, and it is wonderful that you have met them through blogging :) And great job keeping ED out of your thoughts today! Show him his place ;]

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  7. so glad you are doing well. That dinner looked greatt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mi cara amica,
    I couldn't ask for a more amazing and inspiring best friend. Your support means the world to me and just talking to you brings the biggest smile to my face, and just knowing we are in this together, holding hands through the phone ;P pulling through this pain and fullness and discomfort together, because you know what babe, it WILL pass, just like we will grow past its firm grip and be able to be who we truly are, be together and living the lives we love and can fulfill all your dreams, i KNOW you will go on to accomplish your goals in life you are driven and talented and smart and an amazing friend. Your talks have helped me through so much I couldn't have stayed here if it werent for you. I love you Aimee, and your eats look DELISH!!! I', sleddin on over see you in 5. Red mango choco date later? K awesome!
    LOVELOVELOVE
    all the love in my little heart for you, fighter!
    suo cara amica

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same with needing to stay occupied in order to try and avoid eating disordered thoughts. But if seems like you dealt with being snowed in really well, and that linguine looks so yummy! Talking to people does help a lot. I'm glad that you have friends that you can go to for support!
    Thanks for the heads up about the red mango coupons. ;)

    Rachael*

    ReplyDelete