Sunday, March 28, 2010

"The chalkboard"

"People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."
                                                    - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross


Each and every morning while I am having my breakfast i try and find an inspirational quote to help get me thru the day - this was today's and i liked it so much i thought i might share it with all of you - Usually what i do is i post the quote in my kitchen on a chalkboard that i received as a gift from my sister from Etsy.  (love this site - if you haven't checked it out - do so!!!!).  For me - each and every day is a new challenge, a new task at hand - trying to get better not only physically but mentally as well.  Blogging as well as following all of your blogs has helped me immensely but i also think that focusing on an inspirational message each and every day can help.  I find when I am struggling i just think of the quote and push myself to go further - to take that extra step.   I find myself looking at "my chalkboard" several times a da
y to get that extra push that i need - and how convenient - its in my kitchen - the place where
 i tend to need that encouragement.
Like the quote says we all are like stained glass windows - colorful, bright and unique.  Each is a work of art - intricately put together with little pieces.  Each with a unique shape and color that when put together - fit to make something extraordinary - We too are like the stained glass - we are each unique and bright - we each have a light inside of us that can shine bright - but remember light needs nourishment, needs the flame and the wax to burn.  Without it it becomes dim and fades into the background.  How do you nourish that light inside of you??

A picture of my lovely dinner from yesterday - "Grilled eggplant and roasted red pepper parmigane with fresh spinach and fire roasted tomato sauce"  (homemade!!) served with whole wheat pita for dunking!!!   The verdict - delicious -  I could not remember the last time i had eggplant parmigane - i challenged myself and nourished the little light to help it shine bright.
                                                                    picture pre-baking
I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and remember to find that light inside of you!!

9 comments:

  1. Love that quote, Aimee, and I love that you have a chalkboard in your kitchen for inspiration :) It's great to leave ourselves little reminders so that we can see them when we're feeling down and need that extra push.

    Your dinner looks delicious. Keep nourishing that light inside of you and helping it shine more brightly :) There's nothing more beautiful than inner beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful quote. so true. each of us are made up of little components that makes us who were are -- intricate, beautiful, unique. YOU ARE AMAZING MY DEAR. love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! What a fabulous quote. Hope you are doing well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee this is just precious.
    It amazes me that such a simple thing can have such a profound effect on us.

    Only you can see your light within, but we see the colours of your inner beauty that it casts.
    Keep your flame alive, Aimee. It burns so brightly; you have the strength to pull back the curtains and see its glow. Your glow.

    Love,
    Eleanor.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your veggie rich meals. And I love eggplant! :) Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing quote love!
    Adore that chalkboard of yours :) You are doing so well Aim nd kep getting strongest each day, it is a battle but you are fighting it, and I promise to be here for you even if I am taken away haha. You are stronger than you know, A. I love you so much and think of you every day. Not a day goes by I don't think of my best friend. Love you so much, you can do this, you are going to do this. I love you forever.
    A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that quote!! and I love the idea of a quote a day :) thanks for sharing

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is truly a lovely quote; thanks so much for sharing.

    actually i'm sort of obsessed with quotes and have this huge Word doc. collection of them and am always looking for more to hoard (lol!). i love poetic ones, funny ones, etc. but recently i've been inspired by the more overused, super-optimistic and motivating genre of quotes. like "Just do it!" or "Good things come to those who work hard!" or "Whether you think you can or can't, you're right!"
    it's probably just a phase, I bet I'll be back to andy warhol quotes soon. but I have to admit, the last one, about whether you can or can't, doesn't that just give you chills ?!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing that lovely quote! It was really nice chatting to you on facebook yesterday! Can't wait to chat soon!!! Hope you have a lovely day :)
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete