Sunday, March 14, 2010

"SPRING AHEAD"




"Just as sunflowers turn their heads to catch every sunbeam so too have we discovered a way to get more from out sun."  (webexhibits.com)



Happy Sunday!!!!!!!!!!   Hope all of you who live in the east remembered to move your clocks ahead one hour!!!!  Although we lost an hour of sleep I still love this time of year - it means we gain one more hour of sunshine.  Well yesterday actually turned out to be a great day despite the horrible weather.  I found out that my best friend was discharged from the hospital and thankfully home.  we talked for hours on the phone and skyped while eating our favorite snack - frozen yogurt!!  I had Red Mango original and cocoa topped with fresh bananas, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries and added some organic cinnamon - heavenly!!
While I was there I was so excited to hear that
 next week in honor of spring - new flavors: blueberry, white peach and raspberry green tea!!!!!!!!
Dinner was also one of my favorites : roasted sweet potato rounds with organic ketchup and grilled tofu on top of fresh arugula with homemade honey mustard dressing!!!  I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to take a picture but here is what my sweet potatoes look like after roasting.  I take my sweet potatoes and cut them into half inch rounds then spray with olive oil and season with fresh sea salt, chili powder and garlic - then roast on broil for 25 minutes at 400 degrees - they come out crispy on the outside while soft on the inside!!!  I love my sweet potatoes spicy!!!!!

I also particularly like my tofu spicy as well - i simply cut the tofu into blocks and season with salt, smoked paprika, garlic and chili powder - spray with olive oil and broil for 20 minutes.  During the last 10 minutes of broiling i brush on my homemade mustard dressing 
                            Recipe for mustard dressing:
              1. Annie's organic yellow mustard - about a tablespoon
              2. Heinz apple cider vinegar - about 1 and a half teaspoons
              3. Stevia
              4. Annie's barbecue sauce - about 1 and a half teaspoons
Mix all together and add some water to thin it out to desired consistency.  This is a great dressing for arugula and spinach salads as well.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday filled with bright sunshine and thoughts of spring!!!!!      xoxo aimee





4 comments:

  1. Aimee :)

    I love this time of year as well. It is just so pretty and feels so clean!
    That green tea frozen yogurt sounds great!

    I think I will try that recipe today!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...I love frozen yogurt! I've never tried Red Mango though...

    Was Amanda in the hospital? Is that why she hasn't been blogging?

    - Ava

    P.S. I don't know if I've commented on your blog but I've been a reader since day 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner sounds delicious, Aimee! Baked sweet potato with coconut butter is one of my favorite things to eat :)

    I love this time of year, but the time change messed me up this morning... I completely forgot the clocks moved ahead, so there was a bit of confusion ;)

    Hope you're enjoying your Sunday night, love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahh sweet potatoes are so delicious aren't they.

    love this uplifting post! Thank you for finding my blog and commenting! I cannot wait to read more from you! You are so positive and informative (post on zinc below) I love it.

    ReplyDelete