Saturday, March 20, 2010

Obstacles in Life

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - - real life.  But then there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business - time still to be served, a debt to be paid.  Then life would begin.  At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."  Alfred D. Souza

As I sipped my morning coffee I stumbled across this quote and realized who pertinent it was to my life right now.  Life is full of obstacles - each day filled with struggles - trying to make today better than yesterday - but how too often i say tomorrow ill do this, or make this change, tomorrow will be better.  Then my life will begin.  Why am i waiting till tomorrow???  With each and every day that i "wait" to make a change its one more day of my life that has passed, i have failed to live my life.  I am tired of waiting and thinking that then my life will begin.  I am tired of using these obstacles as excuses for me not living my life to the fullest.  
Life is TOO short to let this happen - i unfortunately was reminded of this first hand yesterday when I had to tell a patient of mine that she had breast cancer.  Now although i deal with issues like this constantly this patient was young, appeared healthy and had a family , her whole life ahead of her.  Now given a diagnosis of stage 4 breast cancer her life is crumbling in front of her - totally out of her control.   Life truly is precious - a gift from God - each day meant to be cherished and enjoyed to the fullest extent.  I am ready to start living - are you??

  Some of my eats as of late and thing i've been enjoying:


                                         fresh roasted asparagus drizzled with balsamic vineagr


                                             Oven roasted red peppers with fresh basil and garlic
                                                        Vine ripened cherry tomatoes with basil

              My favorite when the weather is warm: fresh chickpea hummus with roasted veggies and an Ezekial pita!!!!!!   Perfect when the veggies are in season - simple and satisfying.


          Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday - live today to the fullest!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                       xoxo aimee  


9 comments:

  1. yummy, you get so many veggies in your diet. Wish I could say the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl your eats look amazing!! i loved that quote, i'm actually making it my facebook status as we speak :]
    love you darling, keep thinking like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, this is too beautiful.

    We can keep tomorrow in mind, but it's today that matters because it's today that we are living in.
    Tomorrow will come, and tomorrow will bring what it will and we'll make of it what we will, but until then we've got a more important thing to concentrate on, and that's the present. That's the here and now. Not a second after, nor a second before.

    Hold onto this thought.

    All my love!
    Eleanor.
    xoxox

    P.S Thank you for your lovely words on my blog, they mean the world to me.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this post! Life is such a gift from god and must be cherished. The more I think of this the more I realize that I need to make today count! Not that I have to get something done everyday, but that I need to enjoy what I do every day and try to help others.

    Your eats look great by the way ;]

    you're so great!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that quote. It seems that we're always living in the past or future, and as such, we end up on missing out on what life really is... the present moment and all of it's events, no matter if they're good or bad. Life is precious and should be lived to the fullest. Amen girl!

    Love your eats, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eats look amazing... Especially the hummus! So summer-y, making me crave the warm weather.
    This post is wonderful. It makes me think about cherishing life, feeling greatful that health and happiness is a decision that I am still able to make.

    Thank you for your lovely words on my blog! I hope to keep reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog, you're so insightful and inspiring!! and not to be repetitive, but your eats DO look AMAZING!!! I think i'm gonna need to steal you so you can come cook for me :P

    xoxo
    -A <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this post so much, Aimee! I find myself thinking along those lines a lot, too - what am I waitinggg for to be happy? just be happy! ;)

    love ya pretty girl xo

    <3 http://www.prettytimepiece.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aimee :) This post is so lovely!! Love that quote! Hope you have a lovely day!! Lots of love Emma xx

    ReplyDelete