Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Good morning and happy Wednesday - today is St. Patty's Day - such a huge holiday here in NY with the yearly NYC parade - today is going to be 60 degrees and sunny - so get out there, wear your green and get your Vitamin D!!!!  Remember everyone is Irish today!!!!!
I will not be going to the parade but instead going
 to work this morning and then going to the opening of the new Whole Foods in my town!!!!  I'll be sure to take pictures of my new foodie finds.  Things for the past few days have been good - went to therapy yesterday and had a great session.  Did a lot of talking about how I seem to have black and white thinking - either all or none, right or wrong.  I never realized how much this contributes to my Ed and how unhealthy this type of thinking is - i can never seem to see the inbetween.  This contributes mostly to my type A personality.  I have always strived to be the best - never wanting to disappoint anyone 
- being the best daughter, friend or doctor.  What will make this person happy rather than what will make me happy.  
Ed robs our lives of our dreams our desires our hopes - they become clouded by the control he has over our lives.  

Well in honor of St. Patty's Day - make sure you
 eat your daily dose of greens!!!!  Im thinking of twice baked sweet potatoes stuffed with fresh spinach roasted broccoli and topped with greek yogurt


"May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow
                               and may trouble avoid you wherever you go."

                                                   Love to all - xo aimee 

2 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patty's Day, hun! I almost forgot about it today ;) BUT I did manage to eat plenty of greens :)

    I suffer from the same kind of black and white thinking, unfortunately. But I'm doing my best to find a balance between the two and live in the middle. Your dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummo that twiced baked tater sounds so amazing! Can't wait for our potato date haha!
    samesies to the all or nothing thinking, I am like that in my recovery s well, I know you will find balance though you are doing so mazing and I couldn't be more proud of you :D you are my lifesaver! Have a beautiful weekend Aim love you sososo much!
    love you
    applehead

    ReplyDelete