Sunday, April 18, 2010

You are Beautiful


  A few days ago I was reading one of my favorite blogs: Scott: Recovered and I was so touched that he passed on the "You are Beautiful Award" to me - i have never received one of these awards and i was so surprised!!!! Thank you Scott for making my day!!!!!! It seriously could not have come at a better time!!!

Well here goes!!!!

                      1. What are some physical features that you love about yourself???
I think i would have to answer my eyes.  I have big light brown eyes just like my dad.  I really think that ones eyes are the window to a person's spirit.  
                       
      2. How do you personally take care of yourself???
Well this is one that I think I am working on improving.  Lately I have been trying to really listen to what my body is telling me - if im tired - i need a rest, if im hungry i should eat.   I think that if we really take a moment and stop and try and see what our bodies are telling us and not what Ed is telling us - this is the first step to recovery.

                         3. What is one thing that you are looking forward to??
I am really looking forward to getting myself at a better place so that I can change the scope of my career and focus on what i truly feel I was meant to do - to help others with eating disorders.  Although I love my job as an obstetrician/gynecologist i don't feel that this is what God has wanted me to do with the rest of my life.  My dream is to open a center on Long Island where individuals can come for treatment and include such things as yoga, art therapy and other outlets which i feel are key for recovery.

                          4. Who has aided your recovery the most??????
Well for me my family has always been very supportive and have helped give me that extra push that i need.  However i believe that recently the friends i have made thru blogging has been key in my drive to keep getting better!!!!

                            5. What was the very las thing you ate???
I am eating as we speak:  greek yogurt with fresh pineapple, blood oranges, blueberries 

   6. Name one material object that you would like right now??
I really don't know!!!!!!!!!!

                           7. If you could travel anywhere where would you go???
This was a hard question because there are SO many places i would love to travel:  Europe especially Italy and France, Australia, Hawaii - the possibilities are endless!!!!!

                           8. What is your biggest fear foods and how did you get over it??
Some of my fear foods included pizza, nut butters and other calorie dense foods.  How i was able to overcome these fears was by slowly reintroducing them in my diet slowly and realizing how much i enjoyed them

                            9. What are your dreams post Ed???
Once i am at a better place and i have successfully opened up my treatment center i would love to take time for myself and travel as well as take time to experience new things - take art classes, photography classes and even grow my own field of sunflowers.

                         10. What advice would you give to someone concerning eating disorders?
I think that it is important to realize that recovery is POSSIBLE - being in the medical profession i hear too often other physicians telling others that many people suffering from eating disorders which have some form of their disorder for the rest of their lives - i believe that with support a life free from Ed is truly possible.  I also believe that our bodies are truly a gift from God and that we have to take care of this body - we only get one!!!!  I would also tell family members and friends of those who suffer to be supportive, give encouragement and just be there for the one who is suffering.  

Thank you again Scott for giving me this award!!!!! All of you fellow bloggers deserve this award - we are all beautiful, unique and special individuals!!!!!!!!!!!  I am passing this along to:
Amanda from Honey Bunches of Love, Emma from Love from Emma, Amanda from seekmyself, Maggie from My Breakfast Blog, Alexandra from Gingerbread,  Eleanor from Pieces of Her   and Sarah from This Lunatic Express!!!!!!!!!!    

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a wonderful start to the week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                       xoxo aimee

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, hun, for tagging me :) I answered these questions a few posts back, but it means a lot that you were thinking of me <3

    Love your answers. I think it's great that you want to help others who are struggling with ED's. It will be amazing when you recover, and are able to show others that it's possible. Take care of yourself, girl, and work hard to achieve that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so inspiring!! I can't wait til you get in the place where you can help others with EDs because you seem so wise and caring and you will be great at that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Aimee lovely for passing the "You are Beautiful Award" to me. You are such an amazing friend and such a inspiration.
    I love all the answers to your questions, especially 9 and 10! Your treatment centre will be wonderful and help lots of people I am so going to it! Can't wait to meet one day!
    Love you!
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful answers Aimee. i love all your responses to the questions, you are so wonderful, and that dream of yours to open a center to help girls with eating disorders, i know it will happen, i know you can get to the place where YOU are healthy enough to help other girls!! and of course i will have to be the art therapist there ;) hehe...and love blood oranges lol..sounds like such a yummi yogurt and fruit combo!! love you and keep going you are beautiful and you are amazing, never forget it.

    xx
    eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks hun for passing on this award to me, I didn't have anything to really post about this morning and so I think this is perfect!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you enjoyed the award :) I LOVE your answers, especially #3!! I think that is so awesome!! I would love to do something like that... You are such an incredible person!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there! Came across your blog and I love the title! Sunflowers are my absolute favorite.
    You are a beautiful writer. I really enjoyed reading your answers. :D

    ReplyDelete