Sunday, April 11, 2010

"Wear Sunscreen"

Hello there my lovies and happy Sunday - i cannot even begin to tell you all how beautiful the weather has been here on Long Island - over the past week the sun has been shining and finally it seems that spring has blossomed.  The trees are green and filled with buds getting ready to blossom.  A new season - a rebirth - even the bugs are starting to make their presence on the leaves of the trees.    The view from my house now as compared to three months ago!!!






Im realizng that i haven't posted in quite a while - things have been busy - between work, and my new endeavor of writing a book as well as just keeping up with therapy and my "daily routine" the days have been flying by!!!   I did want to share with you all something i came across - have you ever heard of the speech "Wear Sunscreen" by   Mary Schmich???  It was a seech that she gave a a college graduation back in 1997.  The speech gained great popularity and you probably have seen little books written about it, you-tube videos and the like.  As i stumbled across it i found it to be uplifting, and motivational as i continue on my path to recovery. 
 I find that each and every day just one thought, one saying can just be that little piece that can help get me thru the day.  I hope that you can read this and maybe this be all that you need to get you thru the day!!!
   Some of my favorite parts from the speech:
"Do one thing every day that scares you."
"Enjoy your body: use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it, its the greatest instrument you'll ever own."
" Don't worry about the future, or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubblegum."
"Don't read beauty magazines, they will only make  you feel ugly."

I off to put on my "sunscreen" and enjoy this beautiful day.  Remember be kind to yourself, love yourself, you are worth caring for and believing in!!!!!!   xo aimee

5 comments:

  1. I really like the quotes. I got a new journal on saturday for part of my therapy homework and on the front it says 'believe in yourself' and inside every few pages has a motivational quote right at the top of the page before the lines start. I think these things can be so so helpful when you feel awful! Oh by the way, love the pictures and the difference within three months.
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! I will have to look it up :)

    Enjoy your Sunday!!!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee I'm so jealous about your beautiful weather! We're having some sort of return of winter here. It's been windy, chilly, and snowy for the past three days! Gah. Give me blossoming trees and sunshine please.

    I love those quotes, especially the one about enjoying our bodies. They do so much for us and allow us to experience so much, and all we do is criticize them and put them down. We forget just how lucky we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee,
    If your book is anything like your posts I would love to buy it =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee, I love this post!!! All these quotes are so motivating! I had fun chatting on facebook and I can't wait to come to NY !!! and do are package swap :)
    Hope you have a lovely day
    Love of love
    Emma
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete