Friday, October 22, 2010

Long Time No Blog!!!!





Gosh - i can't believe how long its been since ive done a post - a few weeks now but I promise i have been reading many of yours - life has been busy - i still cannot believe that today is already October 22 - and Thanksgiving is only a month away!!!!! My life has been quite busy - work, and taking up a new hobby of mine - i recently bought a video-camera - a hand-held JVC. What I love about it is that it can also take still photosas well so i can take both still and live photos!!!
What made me buy the camera is part of my recovery process - my therapist suggested i buy one and we plan on making a "movie" of my recovery and my life - i have taped many of my sessions, my good days, my bad days. I actually have found it to be quite therapeutic - i used to journal but i find that sometimes putting things on paper is more difficult!!! by just turning on the camera and talking - my feelings flow much easier!!!!
I still have mixed feelings on this whole endeavor - part of me is embarassed talking in front of the camera and sharing my feelings but if in the end i can benefit as well as the thousands of others who struggle with disordered eating - it is all worth it. I will keep you all updated on how things go!!

Some things i have been enjoying as of late-



Omelettes filled with farm fresh spinach and the last of the fall tomatoes !!






Millet topped with ratitoulle served on fresh spinach and grilled veggies





Lots of seasonal Green Mountain coffee in my "orange" mug - just for the fall season ( i have mugs in almost every color and change with the
seasons!!!)



Lentil chili - this is a favorite of mine - i love all different k
inds of chili - especially now that the weather is changing and getting much colder.




What are some things you all have been enjoying as of late as the weather is changing???? One of my favorites is baby sweet potatoes which i just picked up from my farmers market and butternut squash - ill be trying some recipes this weekend and will share them soon!!!
Hope you all are well and have a great weekend!!!
xoxo aimee

5 comments:

  1. I think the video camera is a good idea. You may feel silly at the time, but looking back at this, Im sure you will be glad you did it. :) I made spaghetti squash the other day (the recipe is in my blog--check it out!!) and it was SUPER yummy. LOOOVE winter AND summer squashes...ALL squash! ;) Chili looks AMAZZ. I've been eating omelets ALOT lately...especially for dinner...hahaha. Breakie for dinner is a fav of mine!! Love your blog btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!
    i love the new apples that are in season and nature wise-im loving the changing colours of the leaves and the crisp morning autumun sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your lentil chili looks yum + warming- perfect for fall. are those tomatoes actually RED?!? it's so difficult to find "real" tomatoes on LI, but when you do, they're SO much better! Have a wonderful weekend <3
    ~Em.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh your lentil chili looks so delicious!! glad i found your blog, enjor the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to hear from you!! I think that video idea is fantastic! What a great way to look back on your progress :)

    I am loving your eats as well! I am really liking the apples and squash around this time of year :)

    I am praying for you! Stay strong <3

    Scott

    ReplyDelete