Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Cookie Perfection





What's not to love about a cookie that not only tastes good but also is good for you!!! I recently received a sample of Flax Cookies from Marisel over at Nutridel located in San Diego California. Nutridel is a family-owned comapany that makes handmade all natural vegan cookies made from healthy ingredients such as oatmeal, flax, wheat germ, cinnamon, nuts (almonds, pecans), molasses, sunflower seeds, coconut and aramath. What i love is that these are made from as the website quotes "the seeds of life."



On first view you will not that each package contains two enormous size cookies that are perfectly crisp - just the way i like my cookies. I could not wait to try my enticing treat. I quickly poured myself of vanilla almond milk - and proceeded to dunk my cookie right into the milk. The verdict - absolute perfection!!!!! The cookie was crisp yet had a nice "chew" to it. The light sweet aroma of cinnamon and molasses was an added bonus. You could definately taste the oats and flax which in my mind are a perfect combination!!!
The cookies also come in such flavors as oatmeal, pecan and almond. Currently the cookies are sold at various stores on the west coast and hopefully soon they will be available on the East coast as well but have no fear - you can easily order these delicious treats online at the website: nutridel.com!!!!!
Other ways i have been enjoying my treats:
1. crumbled on top of greek yogurt with fruit
2. take 2 cookies and make - sandwich cookie!!!! I first tried using "banana soft serve" and squashed between the two cookies and then placed again in the freezer to firm up - the result - delicious frozen treat - the cookies maintained their texture and taste!!! I highly recommend this!!!!

Well i hope you enjoyed this product review - i give these cookies a 10 out of 10 and just want to thank Marisel for giving me the chance to review them!!!!! I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday - ill be back soon with a full recap of some more treats!!!

6 comments:

  1. Those look amazing... might be ordering these soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I am SO jealous! I have seen these on other blogs before and I so wish we could get them here in the UK! You guys get all the best food :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cookies! Flax Oatmeal and Pecan are my favorite, I like putting them in my smoothies and eating them non stop.... yummmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look awesome-especially crumbled in yogurt. yummmmm.~ i love trying out new health food products / brands (especially if they sell cookies!!). what area of LI do you live? Nassau, Suffolk, northshore, southshore? i live not far from Jones Beach, if you know :)
    ~Em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm. I'll have to check these out. A crisp and chewy cookie sounds good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great product review :) I hope they come over to Texas! Thank you so much for your comment & compliment. I'm only as creative as my readers ;)

    ReplyDelete