Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ten Little Facts






             Sitting down after a long day - physically and mentally exhausted I turned to my laptop to catch up on my favorite blogs - quickly my mood became lightened as i read many of yours - they always bring a smile to my face.  I can't believe how many different types of people i have met, from all over - we each have a unique story that we unfold to each other sometimes each and every day - our deepest emotions shared - our ups and downs, good times and bad, recipes, loves, hates, struggles.  Yet although we may seem different - our love for blogging ties us together.
This week i received an award from the lovely Mel at neon flamingos and white peacocks  - if you haven't checked out her blog I highly recommend it!!! It's filled with lovely re
cipes as well as great fashion finds and amazing pictures - 
      Well here goes - 10 little facts:

1.  Yes I am obsessed with SUNFLOWERS - always have been.  They truly are my favorite flower - nothing brings a smile to my face quicker than seeing these majestic beauties blooming in late summer and early fall.  


2. I currently live in a condo on a golf course and do not know the first thing about playing golf!!   However i do get a kick out of sitting on my porch with my morning coffee and watch the daily golfers hit many of the golf balls directly into the pond in front of my terrace!!!


3. I have an intense fear of getting stuck in an elevator ever since I got trapped in one about 5 years ago.   It was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was at work in the hospital - i got into the elevator and then it just stopped between floors - i panicked, had to pick up the bright red emergency phone and be rescued by hospital security!!!


4. I've never had my hair longer than my shoulders.  For as long as i can remember i've had my hair cut very short.  I love it - its easy and fun!!!  Although there are times when i wish i had long hair (like for my sisters wedding) and have contemplated "extensions" but i love my hair!!
Every time i try and grow it out - i get frustrated and end up cutting it!!


5.  My dad breeds and races homing pigeons.  Yes - ever since i was little my dad has had these birds - currently he has about 100 of these amazing birds.  What is amazing is that they will fly distances up to 500 miles away and return to their birthplace in the same day.  Amazing right??

6.  To date i have probably delivered over 400 babies.  
Still to this day the birth of a child is truly an amazing thing.  Although stressful i still cannot believe what an experience this truly is.
7. I love FRUIT!!!!   Eat it with almost every meal -you will always find my fridge stocked with fresh berries and the like as well as see my counter stocked with a fresh bowel of fruit.


P.S. How cute are these bananas - they actually are mini-ones - hard to tell from the picture

8. My favorite colors are Yellow  and Green
9.  I must admit - i love wearing my Teva flip-flops in the summer and i love warm cozy wool sweaters in the wintertime!!!

10. Nothing beats a relaxing morning with a warm mug of coffee watching the sunrise!!!

Hope you enjoyed these 10 random facts!!!!!!   There are so many people i would like to pass this award to - i think many of you have already told us your random facts - here goes:
       Emma from Love from Emma 
       Maggie from My Breakfast Blog 
       Eleanor from Pieces of Her

I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and Happy first day of August - the summer is flying by!
                                                               xoxo aimee


10 comments:

  1. I love your facts!
    I'm too afraid of elevators, my mom told me I was sweating in them even when I was just a few months old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for the aewsome shout-out! You just made my sunday :)
    You live on a golf course - how cool is that? I just love to look at the calming green, wide spaces and the amazing smell of freshly cut grass - divine! And I love the pic of you with the cute little one - so pretty and one can truly tell, you love what you do :)
    Oh, and of course fruit is my number one, too ;) I believe fruits carry the essence of life and therefore nourish us with happiness and bring us overall well-being!

    Have a lovely sunday
    xoxo Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to learn more about you Aimee! 400 babies? That's amazing! I bet it must be really great to be able to witness the birth of a new little life, and see the mom and baby start to bond. Aww. And babies are the cutest little things. On my last shadowing experience, they took me into the nursery, and omigosh... I was in love. And that's actually pretty interesting that your dad raises those pigeons. There's a man who lives next to my grandma in Poland, and he does the same thing. It's pretty cool to see him let them go, and them always coming back...

    Hope you're having a beautiful Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite part is that you have delivered over 400 babies! That's amazing. That means that you've made over 400 mommas very happy!

    -Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many interesting facts about you. Living on a golf course sounds really relaxing...and I think I would get a kick out of watching people, too :)
    I never knew pigeons were raced?! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thanks Aimee for passing this award on to me you are to kind :) The 10 facts about you are so interesting and the golf course looks SO beautiful! I am coming to visit you ASAP!
    I also got stuck in an elevator when I was younger which was awful, so now I always use the stairs as I am so scared of getting stuck again!
    I hope your having a lovely weekend, I hope we can speak soon :)
    Love ya
    Emma
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awee<3
    love to youuuu
    sunflowers are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tag, Aimee! You are such a loving, caring person with a heart full of gold, I swear. :)

    Yellow is such a happy colour - every time I see a yellow flower I can't help but smile. It reminds me of warmth, happiness and friendship. Funny how colours can hold such meaning and significance in our lives.

    I'm totally with you on the coffee in the morning! Nothing beats a hot steaming mug of joy to start the day.
    It's been incredible meeting so many different people through the blog world. One has to wonder where one would be without being a part of this community. But fate lead us to blog, and I am so glad to have met you, amongst other beautiful people!

    Thank you again, Aimee. I always feel happy when I read your blog. It must be the sunflowers. ;)

    <3
    Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the fact you've delivered over 400 babies! That's 400 lives you helped start :) How sweet!

    ReplyDelete