Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday blues





Woke up again to the dull patter of rain against my window pane - what happened to my beloved summer weather???? It feels like fall will be upon us much sooner than i expected!!!
Although i love the change of seasons especially from late summer to early fall - i love September and October months im not quite ready to give up the beautiful weather and blooming flowers that i love most about summer.......







As fall is coming soon - what are your favorite things about the fall ?????? I love apple and pumpkin picking, pumpkin spice coffee, harvesting fresh sunflowers, the crisp morning air, comfy wool sweaters and wool socks, roasted butternut squash and sweet potatoes, fresh spinach and broccoli, sipping warm cinnamon tea, the smell of baked apples with cinnamon ....







As thing have been quite busy in my life my eats have been quite on the go - the other night i was craving pizza and roasted veggies - i was so hungry that i could not wait for my beloved whole wheat dough in the freezer to defrost and instead tried pita pizza - at first i was a bit hesistant to try it - would the pita stand up to the dough.....

Pre baking................







The final result.................





The verdict???? A winner!!! The pita was crisp - held the veggies and cheese nicely and was quite tasty in my book - a definate repeat when in a bind for a quick meal. To think that in the past i had deprived myself of pizza - why??? Why not i say!!! What are some things that you have recently added back into your diet that you are now in love with???

Another "random" snack that i made over the weekend - banana fig smoothie!!! My fig tree is bursting with fresh figs - i don't know what to do with all of them - i was craving a smoothie and had tons of frozen bananas so i took 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, 3/4 frozen banana, 2 fresh figs - tossed in the Vita-mix with a handful of ice -


all topped with a remnant of fig - perfectly sweet!!!!!
Hope you are all having a wonderful week - enjoy the last few days of summer!!!!!!!!
xoxo aimee




9 comments:

  1. Pitta pizza? What a good idea :-) I can't believe how quickly summer has passed by...

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. your pita pizza looks lovely...and i am SO jealous of your fig tree. that smoothie looks divine!! i don't know how to feel about this weather, either...although today ended up being perfect. if it could just stay like this - 60's-70's with a nice breeze and sunny - i would be perfectly happy :)
    i think i've been eating more nut butter lately than i EVER have. no complaints, although it does get expensive :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm I love pita pizza..actually more than normal pizza! You are sooo lucky to have your own fig tree!! I am VERY jealous of you girly! The smoothie sounds very yum :)
    Well here in the UK we never really had a proper summer anyway! It feels like Fall/Winter all year round except for a couple of weeks of sun! I do like the fruit and vegetables that are in season in Fall though like sweet potatoes, squashes, pumpkin and apples and they all go so well with my favourite spice - cinnamon! Yum yum :) I also loveee the clothes for Fall as I'm not much of a summer clothing girl. I love knitted jumpers and scarfs and ankle boots and things that are all warm and snuggly! :)
    Lately I've been eating a lot more peanut butter that I had deprived myself of for so long and aaah it's just so nice to have it back!!
    Hope you have a good week lovely
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum likes to make pita pizza...not as creative as yours, but yes, pita pizza is yummy:)

    And you have a fig tree!!! Lucky! The only figs I get here are dried figs!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, fig banana smoothie? This sounds divine! And I still have to try making pita pizza-somehow I cannot quite believe it will hold all of my fave toppings without ripping, hehe, I love me a buttload of tomato sauce ;) I think my fave thing about fall right now (the weather has already changed here) is having creamy dreamy cooked oatmeal on a sunny, windy morning :) mmmhh... I'm off to the kitchen.... lots of <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. AIMEE!!!!
    oh how i love you, and oh to have a fresh fig! divine ;) that pizza looks numtastic, and your recipe creations are fantastic we must make them together!!! I hope the weather clears up and puts a smile on your beautiful face. love you so much!!!!
    xx amanda
    oh and FALL! I love cozy sweaters, my moccasin boots, wearing booties with tights, crunchy leaves on the ground, honeycrisp apples, squash...everything about it makes me ;) :) c: C: :j :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sis!!

    Must try that pitta pizza sound and looks great!

    Miss you! Hope we can chat soon!

    Love ya

    Emma
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. never tried pita pizza, but it looks GOOD! Now that I am here in Phoenix, am looking for some cooler weather with the fall! Maybe less than 105 as a high? Sounds good to me!

    Glad to hear from you again!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love apple picking! Pink Ladies and Honeycrisp are divine!!! Love sweet, crisp ones.

    Enjoy the end of summer and transition to fall as well. Autumn is a beautiful time of year.

    ReplyDelete