Sunday, May 23, 2010

"A New Love"



I've been a bad blogger - haven't posted in quite a while and actually i've really missed it!!  Time is just passing so quickly - I feel there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done  - does anyone else feel like this????  
       Now usually I like most of my posts to be upbeat and encouraging but this week while doing my grocery shopping at my local Whole Foods I had quite an upsetting encounter with a woman i never even met.  Ok - heres what happened - I was in the cereal isle glancing at the various types of granola (my favorite being Galaxy Granola) for my beloved yogurt messes when behind me i heard a loud and obnoxious voice of an older woman yelling at her husband.  As i glanced up to see what all of the commotion was about the woman looked at me and in quite a loud voice exclaimed "You are SO thin - I want to be like you - what exactly do you eat?"  Now I know that i am thin and am aware that many are able to tell that I struggle with an eating disorder but would you ever tell a random stranger this and make such a comment to someone????  Then she had the nerve to pick up different bags of granola and comment on how much fat was in each bag!!!!!  Well I was just mortified at how some people can be so rude.  Well just to let you all know i didn't let this nasty episode just pass without me commenting on exactly how I felt towards this complete stranger.  After her first comment I proceeded to say - "Excuse me - why do you feel it necessary to comment on my weight when you don't even know
 me???  Don't you find that to be quite inappropriate???"  Now in the past I just would have remained silent and said nothing but over the past few months I have learned to speak up - to say to others exactly what I am feeling - even if that means its not what others want to hear.  
Has this ever happened to any of you and how have you handled situations like this???
Well onto more interesting things.  This week while shopping I stumbled across a new store in my local mall called "Teavana"  The name Teavana means a "heaven of tea" - meaning that they sell healthy high quality teas in a variety of flavors.  Now usually I am a coffee drinker - in the  enjoy i thoroughly enjoy a freshly brewed cup of Green Mountain Breakfast Blend coffee while perusiing the web.  I have always been a coffee drinker but recently my love for tea has been heightened.  As i entered the store I was overtaken by the aroma of freshly brewed strawberry lemonade tea. 
 It was exquisite!!!!  Just the right amount of lemon flavor combined with one of my favorite fruits - strawberries.   I highly suggest yu check out their website - it has a huge selection of tea leaves - ranging from herbal, black, green and ice tea blends.  There were so many to choose from i had to get a little bit of everything!!!! (pictures from Teavana on facebook)
I loved the strawberry lemonade - makes a wonderful iced tea, perfect for summertime!!!

Well I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and a great week!!!!!!!
xoxo aimee

9 comments:

  1. Wow! What a rude lady in Whole Foods. I am so glad you were able to stick up for yourself. People can really be so negligent sometimes. Last summer, when I was sitting at a starbucks, a man proceeded to tell me that he thought that there was something wrong with my because I was so thin and gave me the number to a naturopathic doctor. I was mortified.

    I have always stumbled by the Teavana store at the mall, but have never gone in. I must try it though, sounds yummy! Hope you have a great sunday too and rest of your week!

    ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO RUDE! I can't believe some people it really is horrible. Well done for sticking up for yourself, it is really difficult I know how you feel as I have been in the same sort of situation. I find it is so hard to stick up for myself and usually stay quiet but you shouldn't!!! From now on I am sticking up for myself.

    That tea looks wonderful I wish they had that shop in London :(

    Love you Aimee!! I hope we talk sooooon. Miss you lots! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for speaking your mind to the woman at whole foods.

    That tea place looks awesome! I'm a huge tea drinker


    Dana <3
    http://happinessiswithin.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh. Aimee, I'm so sorry you had to deal with something like that; that's so horrible! What a rude woman. Gosh. I've had people comment on my weight and tell me to go eat a burger, but it was never really a direct encounter like that; just something they yelled in passing.

    Good for you for speaking up, though. That woman was being completely inappropriate and acting out of line, and it's good that you stood up for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I cannot believe some people...but good on you for telling her off (politely, of course ;P). I've definitely had encounters like that...in the grocery store...at my lowest weight I had a lady on the bus take a chocolate bar out of her bag and tell me to eat it (loudly, rudely) because my arms were "nastayy". Oy -_-

    That tea place looks amazing! *Goes off to place an order...* ;D

    izzyy
    xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, I would have told her off straightaway. My temper hasn't been too good of late, and I can't stand obnoxious people like that AT ALL! YAY that you gave her a piece of your mind:) Someone needs to tell her how to behave in public!

    Missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people are just like that :( You responded quite well though, I think.
    Strawberry lemonade tea sounds quite fantastic!
    p.s.hello :-D haven't commented before, but I have been reading (or should that be lurking :s) heehee! Thank you for your lovely words on my blog a while ago, don't think that I was ignoring you!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How rude! :( I am sorry you had to go through that :( But way for sticking up for yourself! Just think that she won't hurt anyone else again I guess :/

    Keep on truckin'!

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh GOOD FOR YOU for calling her out on her behavior. she must have felt totally embarrassed and wrong footed, rightfully so, ! that is so rude. ack, usually right in the moment i never say the right thing and then think of all the good things i could have said afterwards! lol. way to go for being assertive.

    hope you're day is going well, dear Aimee <3

    ReplyDelete